Thursday, April 7, 2011

One day. Two drummers.

We were very lucky on Thursday to view a performance by Eddie Quansah, a musician originally from Ghana, now living in Australia. He taught us the African names for some of his instruments and encouraged the children to dance and respond to the music. Something Room 9 needed no encouragement to do! He was a truly great performer and had the children amazed and in fits of giggles at the same time.
Room 9 were luckier still as we had a warm up act before the show...
Wow! Although it has been speeded up a bit, it's easy to see the talent Bennett has. I have never taught a class so into music as Room 9 and it is great that they can see the fruits of hard work and commitment. A very inspiring day.

21 comments:

  1. Hey BEnnett you rock...what an excellent performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That day rocked.Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Bennett your drumming is amazing.

    from Flynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bennet you just ROOK! you are a amzing druma

    ReplyDelete
  5. ''I love watching my self drumming.'' said Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  6. NICE! Bennet one of my favourite things on the blog!




    p.s COOL

    From Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I wished I could play the drums like that!
    by renee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Bennett. how do you do that. tilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Bennett your fantastic.

    from Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Bennet you are a amazing at drumming!From Evie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! that was AMAZING drumming! Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Bennett you are really good at drumming but it was anouing that it didn't work the first time. By ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. bENNETT your my biggest fan! by Theo!.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Bennett you are a rock star. MY dad could not belive how fast you where. From Cam

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow bennett you're amazing at drumming!
    from sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you where incredble Bennett by yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  17. my faverte part is the end and it is funny to.hugo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Bennett you were amazing can you teach me how to play the drums like that georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really liked Eddie Quansah because he was so amazing at playing the drums and he saoudid grat by Auriel

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wouldn't be a drummer but I am going to play the electric guitar. A drummer like you is amazing. You're good. Noah

    ReplyDelete