We couldn't bear staying inside while the snow drifted down, so we went outside and got amongst the action!
Afterward we wrote some fantastic short descriptive recounts about our time in the snow. We made sure we used really interesting similes, adjectives, verbs and adverbs.
By Cam
The Snow
One day in Eastbourne it snowed, which doesn't happen very often. We danced around in the snow like we were crazy! I was singing "Snow snow everywhere, even in my underwear! This is where I like to be, even if I freeze TA TA!!"
The snow fell like someone had burst a pillow in the air and it felt like a fluffy blanket was wrapped around me.
It was colder than the North Pole and it definitely wasn't as hot as Fiji! I loved it so much that I wish it could snow everyday.
By Hugo.
The Snow
It was snowing at Muritai School. We went outside and played in the snow. I danced around like a snow angel! We took some photos of us in the snow. The snow felt like fluffy white clouds floating down slowly from the sky.
By Renèe
The Snow
Today it snowed in Eastbourne, it was amazing. Some people caught snow on their tongues. The snow was very icy. After a while, me and Evie went inside because I was cold and she was too. The snow was like little cold droplets of fairy dust. Lots of people thought it was incredible to see snow in Eastbourne. Lots of snow fell on my hair so when I got inside, I was soaked!
By Yasmin
The Snow
Yesterday it was snowing madly. Me and my brother went outside and had a snow fight and I got him in the face. Then the snow got worse. It was amazing when some snow got on my hand, it melted so quickly. The snow was like feathers falling from the sky.
By Flynn
The Snow
Outside it was snowing, Mr Wyllie said we could go out and play in the snow. I could feel the coldness of the snow. It was like a soft raindrop, it was awesome. Once it hits you, it slowly dissolves. It's never happened in Wellington. When it touches your tongue, it feels like one thousand ice biscuits falling from the sky, but once it touches the ground all is lost of the soft rain drops.
By Tom
they are really cool. All of them are good but I think mine is the best.Hugo
ReplyDeleteI think they are cool.All of them are good but I think mine is the best.Hugo.
ReplyDeleteWell done Cam!
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing snow writing you have done. I especially like your sentence about the snow being like a fluffy panda! Reminded me of Chiang Mai Zoo :0)
Love Mum
Brilliant writing Cam! What fun you have been having in the snow.Dad's are really good at making sure we stay warm and well aren't they?I haven't had any snow at my house in Auckland yet but it is very cold!!!
ReplyDeleteLove from Granma xx
Great writing about the snow Cam.Grandad and I really enjoyed reading about the fun you had and wish we could have been there too as we never got any snow at all in Napier.Will not at our house anyway.
ReplyDeleteLove Nana,Grandad and Chelsea.
cam your wirting is awesome
ReplyDelete